And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Alma 7:11-12

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An Exciting Week

Dear Family and Friends,
 
A lot of things happened this week that makes me really excited.  This week we had that special training that was done all week long.  During that training, President Pike explained that the reason for the training was emphasize improving how we teach.  It is a special training that is being applied to all of the missions around the world and then into the training done at the MTC.  It was really cool.  I learned so much from it.  It is also really cool because during that training, I found out that President Pike has been making changes in our mission to allow him time to go out with individual missionary companionships, especially with district leaders in order to follow-up with how we are implementing all of the things that we learned into our missionary work.  It reminds me of how in my blessing from President Ross, it said that I would have the opportunity to work side by side with my mission president, and I feel that this is a fulfillment of that blessing.  I don't remember if I mentioned it last week, but we started teaching a new investigator named Cheri.  She is Jewish, and some other missionaries found her and gave us a referral to go visit her, so we started teaching her.  I think that it is so cool to be teaching her because of her specific connection to the Book of Mormon.  She sounds very eager to learn more about the church, but she says that she is not looking and that she does not plan to convert, so we will have to see what happens.  We are also going to start teaching a new person named Karin.  Her grandmother is a member, and Karin had been coming to church a long time ago, but she decided not to get baptized because she did not want to be baptized without her husband, so she stopped coming to church, but now she feels that she doesn't want her husband's choices to keep holding her and her family back, so she has been coming to church the past two weeks and she wants to take the lessons and become a member.  I am so thankful for all of the blessing that the Lord has given me, and I am very excited for everything that is going to take place in the next few months.  I'm doing my best to make every minute that I have left on my mission count.  Thank you all so much for your love and support.
 
Love,
 
Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment