And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Alma 7:11-12

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baptism!!

Dear Family and Friends,
 
This has been a really good week this week.  We had a baptism yesterday for Nick, our 15 year old investigator that I mentioned earlier.  He wanted me to baptize him, so this makes my third baptism that I have performed on my mission.  It was also really cool because we had gotten a referral from other missionaries to go and teach this one person named Cheri, who is Jewish, and she came to the baptism and afterwards we had a really great lesson with her.  We are also still teaching Victor, but he is in Las Vegas right now, so we will not be able to see him for a while.  This week, however, is going to be really different than usual.  There is going to be some special leadership training this week for all missionaries that have leadership assignments each day starting tomorrow until Friday from 9am to 3 pm, and since I am now a District Leader, I will be going to that all this week, so it will be very different.  Well, I have to get going now.  Thanks for everything.  Have fun in New York.
 
Love,
 
Elder Norton
 
P.S. - I'm OK with flying back home with you mom and dad if that will work better for dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment