Dear Family and Friends,
It has been another dreary, rainy week here in California, and I have been loving it. Well, first off, I'll answer a few questions.
1. Any progress with Carlos?? Or Brother Ambrose and his family??
We have not had much progress with either of them. We have not been able have a lesson with Carlos at all or even talk to his mom to set up an appointment, and the Ambrose family has been super busy with school and other stuff, but we are still trying to work with both of them.
Are you liking your new apartment?
Very much so. It's been a huge upgrade in environment to us.
Dad, I think that the schedule you have planned for me looks fine. You can go ahead and register for me and we can make changes later if we have to. I also am fine with living in Wyview. That was where I wanted to live in the first place anyways.
As for things that have happened this week, not much has happened. We've mostly been trying to set up appointments and contact referrals. I also had a really neat experience. It was another encounter with someone I had taught in Glendale. It was an excommunicated sister that we had been asked to teach there. She wanted to get back into the church, but she had some issues that were preventing her from doing so, and then I left the area so I didn't hear any more about her. Well, during one of the conference sessions, I saw a woman that looked very familliar sitting in front of us. I thought that I knew her from somewhere, but she looked like someone from my last area named Sister Valorie, so I thought that I was just mistaking her for that person. Well yesterday we had stake conference and she was there again and this time she recognized me and told me who she was. Apparantly she had moved to the Pasadena area and that she is getting prepared to be re-baptized and that her fiance is investigating the church and is also planning to get baptized. The funny thing was that after I realized who she was, I remembered that when I first met Sister Valorie, I had thought to myself that she looked like this same sister that I ran into again. It was really nice to see her and it was amazing to see how different she looked. There was a light around her that wasn't there before, kind of like with Adrian. It really was another blessing from the Lord. Well, I am out of time again, but I can't wait for next week. Hopefully I will have more to tell you all.
Love,
Elder Norton
No comments:
Post a Comment