And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Alma 7:11-12

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another Wet, Dreary, but Great Week!

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been another very wet, dreary, cloudy week here in California and I have been loving every second of it.  Before I go on though, I have a few responses to write. 

1.  OK, before I forget to ask, I have one question for you!   What are all these boxes of books that keep coming????   I think we have gotten 7 or 8 so far.  Did you buy the books or did someone give them to you?

 Those books are ones that I have collected throughout my mission, mostly during the time I've been here in Pasadena.  The library here has a book sale every month and we help them set it up and they give us free books in return.  There are also a few that I have purchased along with some other things that people have given me throughout my mission.  I decided that it would be easiest to just ship them home ahead of time.  You can just put the boxes somewhere in my closet that's out of the way.

 2.  Also, you didn’t say anything about what I said in my last letter about you not working when you come home.  What are your thoughts on that?


My thoughts are this: I would like to do something with my time... and get paid at least minimum wage to feed my near empty bank account (just because I don't want to spend all of my time playing video games doesn't mean that I don't plan on buying a couple new ones after I get home).  I also want to make a little extra money to put aside in some investments.  Still, I am not decided on the issue and probably won't make one until after I get home.

This week has been pretty good for me, but it has also been a little tough for me as well.  As it gets closer to my coming home, I have felt a little bit of the pressure of how I am going to adjust to such a big change.  Still it has been a really good week.  We were able to have another lesson with Carlos this week which went really well, and we have gotten back in contact with the Ambrose family.  We have not had much else happen this week.  Well, I have to write my letter to President Pike before I run out of time.  Until next week.

Love,

Elder Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment