Dear Family and Friends,
Hello from California. I guess I'll start off by answering a few questions from your e-mails. First off Jace, I actually have kept forgetting to mention it to everyone, but I was released from my service as District Leader a few days into the transfer. President Pike re-organized the zone a bit to make things more efficient for meetings, and there ended up being two District Leaders in the same district, so I was released. I was actually a little relieved for it. It was certainly more stressful with the additional work, and I don't know how well I would have done at fulfilling those additional duties this transfer given the state I was in at the beginning of this transfer. Also, Dad, I have no problem with what will happen this coming transfer. Of course I would love to stay here in Pasadena for the rest of my mission, but I would be alright with being sent to one more area. In the end, it's whatever the Lord wants that matters. Well, today we got to go to the temple and it was a wonderful experience. We got to go see the new visitor's center that just opened up recently on the temple grounds and it is really really cool. There is a lot of cool interactive technology that is used there to teach about the church and the gospel. We will have to see if we can go there when you come to pick me up.
Carlos is still doing well. We had a lesson with him last Sunday and it turned out to be a really great experience. His mom was there to sit in and participate in the lesson, and afterwards, she asked us to give her a blessing because she had injured her knee at work. The blessing turned out to be a very spiritual experience for her and her family, and she is still very happy to be having us over to teach her family. We also started teaching a less-active member named Brother Ambrose and his non-member wife last Sunday. I think I might have mentioned him in one of my previous e-mails. Anyways, we had a great lesson with them and we have another lesson planned with them for this week, so I am looking forward to that. Well I have to get going now, but I will write again on Monday to let you all know how transfers ended up. Thank you for your love and support.
Love,
Elder Norton
P.S.- Mom and Dad, I remember that I need to register for classes in October. I found out that I can do all of that at the mission office, but I have no idea what I am supposed to do to register and all of that stuff I'm supposed to do once I sit down in front of the computer. Could you let me know what I need to do since you already went through this with Jace? Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment