Dear Family and Friends,
Well, I guess I'll start by admitting my mistake and letting you all know that this was not the week that we go to the temple after all, so today is our normal p-day. Next week, on the 22nd is the day that we go to the temple, so that Wednesday will be our p-day. Sorry if the mix-up was inconvienient for anyone. Thank you so much for the birthday package. I loved it. It is always nice to get a suprise gift of Ramune and Hi-Chews, and I loved all of the cards that you all sent me. The members here treated me well for my birthday. Our Ward Mission Leader had us come over yesterday for a little cake and ice cream to celebrate. He is so cool, and I love how focused he is on missionary work. Rather than talking about what I was going to do when I am done with my mission, he wanted to talk about what I can do while I am still here in the Pasadena Ward to leave my "legacy" as he called it in the ward. I really enjoyed it. Then, after that we went to visit the Ambrose Family. Sister Ambrose's son is less-active, but he is very nice and I have had many good, long conversations with him (long as in hour to an hour and a half of flowing conversation, not my usual long of 30 minutes of broken conversation). He has three sons, and he is married to someone from Guatemala, all of whom are not members. Well, last night he told us before he left that he and his entire family had decided to take the missionary lessons and we set up a time to start teaching them next Sunday. It was sooo cool. Apparently Sister Ambrose had asked them all to take the lessons after we had taken her through a special tour of the church building that we are doing with investigators right now and they agreed, so I am really excited for them. Her son is really, really cool, and as you probably guessed, I enjoy talking with him. Yesterday he had a Lord of the Rings marathon like you do mom and dad. Before we left, he showed us the replica that he had of Anduril, Aragorn's sword. It was HUGE and so cool. If it had been sharpened, I think it could have been used as a real sword. I got some pictures of myself with it. I'll have to send them to you next week. Other than that, not much else happened this week. We were not able to teach Carlos this week because of schedules, but he and Jennifer all came to church with their older sister yesterday, and we are working to set up a lesson with them for this week. I am really excited for this week. Thank you all once again for your love and support.
Love,
Elder Norton
No comments:
Post a Comment