And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Alma 7:11-12

Monday, November 1, 2010

LAST E-MAIL OF MY MISSION

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, this is the last e-mail that I will be sending while on my mission.  It is really strange to think that by next week, I'll be done with my mission.  Yesterday at church I was asked to speak for a few minutes in combined priesthood and relief society and while I was speaking, I got a feeling of how sad it is going to be to end my service to the Lord.  Still, I know that my time is almost up and I am working my hardest to make this the best week of my mission, so I think that I will be ready when the time comes.  We had a very good time this week.  Halloween ended up being better than I expected.  Usually we don't have much that we can do on Halloween night, but we were able to stop by the Ambrose family and spend the night with them.  It was really fun because Sister Ambrose's parents were there for their son's birthday, and her parents are from Guatemala, so I got to talk with them about Jace and all sorts of other stuff.  There was also a ward Halloween party the night before and Carlos and his oldest sister were there, so we were able to get in contact with him as well.  Well, I am running out of time, but I just want to thank everyone for all of your support and love.  I could not have done this without it.  I can't wait to see everyone again.  'Till we meet again.

Love,

Elder Norton

P.S. - Mom and Dad,  we usually have meetings in the morning every Sunday so we are normally there by 7:00AM and get out by 8:00 at the latest, so that will give us about an hour or more to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment